This shouldn't be necessary. But it has come to this.
Before engaging in any political discussion, you should acknowledge the following as truths beyond debate:
- Global climate change is real.
- The Theory of Evolution is a fact.
- President Obama is not Hitler, a Fascist, a Muslim, a Communist or a Socialist.
- No one in the US government has advocated anything resembling euthanasia as a part of health insurance reform.
- The moon is not made of cheese.
- Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks of 9/11.
- A Czar is a media-created name for a government official who has a legal job to do and reports through normal administrative organization structures.
- Torture is wrong and is a violation of US and international laws.
- The attacks of 9/11 were planned and carried out by foreign terrorists with no involvement by anyone connected to the US government.
- Fascism is an extreme RIGHT-wing ideology.
- The Nazi's, despite their party name (National Socialist Party), were right wing and fascists, not socialists or liberals.
- Any use of the Confederate flag is incompatible with claims of patriotism.
- Tax cuts do in fact reduce revenue for the government and therefor contribute to deficits unless offset by spending cuts.
These are real things.